• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking L3 Cache in Athlon II x4 620

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a mad pigeon

Registered
What's up guys. I hear that 6MB of L3 cache is unlockable in this processor. I'm using a GA-MA785GM-US2H Gigabyte motherboard. I've read that under advanced clock calibration you can set core leveling to auto and the L3 should be unlocked. However, it has no effect on my processor. Any help please? :cool: Thanks.

Please don't flame about my mobo, I had to build an inexpensive PC after my old one died.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
What's up guys. I hear that 6MB of L3 cache is unlockable in this processor. I'm using a GA-MA785GM-US2H Gigabyte motherboard. I've read that under advanced clock calibration you can set core leveling to auto and the L3 should be unlocked. However, it has no effect on my processor. Any help please? :cool: Thanks.

Please don't flame about my mobo, I had to build an inexpensive PC after my old one died.

Most have no L3 to enable.

ps2cho

It is luck of the draw...

I got lucky on mine and unlocked it, others are not.

Bobnova

A very few from the first run were Deneb (Phenom II) cores with the L3 cache disabled. More recently they are actually Athlon II cores, and hence have no L3 to unlock.