• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocking multi with MP chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtc4u

hardcoding multi with MP chip?

I need to hardcode the 11.5 multi in my 2000+MPs. dont ask all but those multis work except the one i need for max stable oc. Is it the same for MPs as XPs?

Edit stupid edit doesnt edit the title.....

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
I have absolutely no idea what your asking? Maybe refraze for the brain limited?

noah

Registered
My suggestion is to change the multi by dropping tiny little pieces of speaker wire into the cpu sockets on the mobo at specific places. I actually used the tiny little silver wires from an old case fan (stripped the plastic off the wire) and made little hooks.

Here' the thread I followed:

http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36600

It tells you which pins to connect.

And here is the is reference pdf from AMD:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/26237.pdf

- use the diagram in the upper right hand corner of page 57.

Another reference that is handy is the tbred painting guide:

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html

From this, you can figure out which pins to use for specific multipliers.

OP
Xtc4u

Xtc4u

Thanks noah. To rephrase the question:

I need to lock in the 11.5 Multi with MP chips not modded XPs. Just wondering if its the same to do so.

Little background on this. When I first overclocked my system I was running 11.5x150. A few weeks ago it stopped working at 11.5. All the other multis work except 11.5. I want to get it back to the 11.5x150 but need to hardcode the 11.5 now since the BIOS 11.5 doesnt work. Confused?? Same here. The problem eludes me. No idea why the 11.5 stopped working. THanks again Noah for the info.

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
If I recall, Palomino MP's are unlocked by the L1 bridges all being bridged. To relock these locked CPU's, I believe you would have to blow all of the L1 bridges.

noah

Registered
That's a strange problem, and might be a bios problem. What board are you using?

I'm assuming these are 1800+ MP's?

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
2000+ MP's have a default multi of 12.5, not 11.5.

So, if I understand you, then you want to change your default multi of 12.5 to 11.5.

In that case, yes, you can use the standard bridge blowing method to change it, although, personally, I would try other things first, before modding the CPU's.

If it's a motherboard issue, which it may be, then consider RMA'ing it, or at least calling MSI about it.