• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocking the intel multiplier FOUND!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maximouse

auky said:

And this paragraph was in the conclusion of the article:

"his article was written as a humoristic editorial. If any of you feel like trying out our tips, please feel free to do so, but I can guarantee it will not work. Do not blame us if anything goes wrong (and believe me -- it will). My best characterization on an attempt to duplicate what we have just done on a working processor is "massive stupidity".

Lol

:p

AZN

AznSniper
man it didnt work... i should have known better when i was watching my 2.26 burn for 67seconds... or maybe it was 68seconds... now i got a dead chip...:( imma sue this company ;)

I didnt want to burn my feet so i used the hammer to put out the flames. Do u think that contributed to the dead chip?

AZN

batboy

Senior Moment
It didn't work for me either... maybe I should use a smaller screwdriver instead of the big chisel when removing the cache.

Yep, this has been around for a while, but it's still quite funny

AZN

AznSniper
NO, im dead serious ;) The 10lbs hammer i used to put out the flames may have killed my chip ;)

AZN

Mr. $T$

It did not work on my pII 333, But this trick does work on Socket Style processors Including the P4, PIII, Cele, Duron, and Athlon even the Athlon XP, I tryed it on my 1.2 Athlon, and I did not even have to connect the L1 Bridges. IT REALLY WORKS!!

>Disclamer I take no responsabilty for any one that thinks this works<