• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocking voltage ona xfx 7770 with afterburner?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiozaki

I've enabled all the extended oc settings and enabled voltage controll.

Am I missing something or can it just not be done ?

There is an unofficial overclocking instruction that needs to be added to the config. file. I'll try to find it if I still have it. I needed to do it to enable voltage control on my old R7.

edit: Here we go. I had thought this was no longer necessary in newer versions of AB, but this is how I enabled voltage control when I used it.

To enable the unofficial overclocking in this version it is necessary to edit the MSIAfterburner.cfg file located in the installation directory of AfterBurner (typically Program Files (x86) MSI Afterburner):

You need to alter the following:
Seek UnofficialOverclockingEULA field and add following text:
I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1 to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path

Last edited:
Did all that, you no longer need to edit the .txt file in order to do it.

I looped firestrike gpu test 2, for ten minutes, no crashes

I assume no colors during a test is evidence of unstable?

Best I can do with out more voltages is +100 on the core and +300 on the memory.

Did all that, you no longer need to edit the .txt file in order to do it.

I looped firestrike gpu test 2, for ten minutes, no crashes

I assume no colors during a test is evidence of unstable?

Best I can do with out more voltages is +100 on the core and +300 on the memory.

If you can play the games you play and its stable, Then its stable for your needs.

And +100mv on core and +300mv on memory is alright.

Ahh. I remembered using it with my RX 480 and thought it had just replaced the Catalyst Suite. Voltage control went away in CCC quite a while ago.

Well I gave up and sent the card to its new home, I have a pair of 7970s to mess with next, here's hoping I have more luck.

Back