• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unofficial: Infinity Ward will NOT be producing Modern Warfare 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a metablog! A blog about blogs! Not that there's anything wrong with that... It's just an extra step to click to though when your talking about an actual story.

BTW, did you see that lame article overclockers.com posted today? :shock:

It's a metablog! A blog about blogs! Not that there's anything wrong with that... It's just an extra step to click to though when your talking about an actual story.

BTW, did you see that lame article overclockers.com posted today? :shock:

Yeah: TEH-SUCK.

A Vietnam game might be interesting. Treyarch isn't necessarily bad it's just that world at war was cod 4 set in ww2 which just made it feel too much like the last game. I've never played cod 3 though. Korea and Vietnam are "forgotten" especially in the field of video games.

A Vietnam game might be interesting. Treyarch isn't necessarily bad it's just that world at war was cod 4 set in ww2 which just made it feel too much like the last game. I've never played cod 3 though. Korea and Vietnam are "forgotten" especially in the field of video games.

COD3=Worst. FPS. Ever. Totally unplayable, totally glitchy.

Seems like it would feel like cod 5. How about a World war 1 game? Trench warfare would be a good idea, Until you charge the other line, and get killed. Over. And over.

COD3=Worst. FPS. Ever. Totally unplayable, totally glitchy.

Seems like it would feel like cod 5. How about a World war 1 game? Trench warfare would be a good idea, Until you charge the other line, and get killed. Over. And over.

Sounds like a horrible campfest but possibly cool.

I personally would not mind seeing a Korea or Vietnam game that is of quality. Modern Warfare 3 though should probably focus on more, recent times however. I really want to say a soldiers perspective, or even, Treyarch's perspective on the Iraq war.

Would absolutely love to see Six Days to Fallujah. But of course the entire controversy about it kinda killed it. Yet the soldiers from the war, wanted people to see what they saw, so I think it would also give an educational experience.

I don't think anyone's really fond of those wars. Could be why.

Well I think movies like Platoon and Full Metal Jacket were popular when they were released. I didn't grow up during that time, but it's easy to understand why the vietnam war was so unpopular. But then I can also see the reason for being there. I don't want to trail off and make this a political discussion however. Modern warfare is obviously influenced by today's situation even if they wont say it outright.

Respect the troops! :salute:

I don't think anyone's really fond of those wars. Could be why.

I don't think anybody's necessarily "fond" of ANY war.

Sure... there was a lot of nostalgia built up around World War II... (that's largely because Hollywood and an unprecedented blitz of propaganda played a large roll. I mean... Charleton Heston and John Ford were there for goodness sakes!)

World War I you didn't have all that. So there's no imagery to build a franchise around.

Plenty of imagery for 'Nam and the Korean War. M.A.S.H. was one of the most successful films/sitcoms of all time. That was Kubrick (STANLEY KUBRICK) who directed Full Metal Jacket. Then there was Born on the fourth of July (Academy Award Winner) and many others.

So it's a bit short-sighted to imply that these wars would have no video game appeal (One of the most popular games of the eighties was named 'Nam... then you had P.O.W., a better game which actually took PLACE in Vietnam... and many more.

Nam is the greatest video game storyline you could ask for: "Rewrite history... win the war we lost..."

Back