• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unreal Tournament on a POS computer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

Yes, it works ;). Here are the specs of the computer:

Intel Socket 7 Pentium 200MHz @ 225MHz (from what the POST tells me)
Two 64MB PC100 168-pin DIMMs
Voodoo RUSH PCI video card with latest drivers installed
Monster 3D (Voodoo 1 chipset) with latest drivers installed
10BaseT D-Link ISA network card
Reveal ISA four channel sound card
1980's Hewlett-Packart serial controler card (onboard serial fried)
6GIG Maxtor 5400RPM ATA66
8GIG Maxtor 5400RPM ATA66
48x IDE CDROM
1.44MB Floppy
250 WATT AT power supply

I added heatsinks to the Monster 3D tonight and replaced the old 72-pin SIMMs with two 64MB PC100 DIMMs. I don't think the memory had any effect, cause it's running at 75MHz just like the old SIMMs were. But I really think that the heatsinks on the Monster 3D is really what improved proformance with it. Before, the chipset on this card would burn your finger if you touched it, even with a side case cooling fan (which is still installed and running) that blew directly accross them. I wanna try to push the cards in this a little faster to see if I can get it to do 30 FPS minimum in UT.

It just goes to show how well I do with old computers ;). AMD Phreak wouldn't have been able to do this I'm sure (no offence). I'm going to get an AMD K6-2 500/550 CPU to max out this mobo for CPU speed and then it'll run UT2003.

Dang, after I get this baby a nice 32MB PCI video card, I'm going to be using it for LAN parties! XD. I'll have pix of it all when I can get them uploaded.

kaltag

...Keep up the good work :D Slowest machine i've tried on is a k6-2 300, 128 sdram, Geforce 1. It did run OK I must say.

OP
Celeron_Phreak

Celeron_Phreak

Oh. Sorry, I thought you meant grab an outlet strip and a power cord and cook the cards o_O. Didn't know you were talking about an app :-\

pip

Celeron_Phreak said:
Oh. Sorry, I thought you meant grab an outlet strip and a power cord and cook the cards o_O. Didn't know you were talking about an app :-\

Shouldn't be that hard to make them zip I have an old trident card that ran at 66/66 and I got it up to 90/75 it made The Sims alot zippier