• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UNREALTOURNAMENT2k3 causing restarts when overclocking????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkilla74

I tried putting my FSB at a mere 140 with my 2400+ processor and i get a restart when playing UT2k3.... I benchmarked millions if times, played JK2 for 2 hours and never have any problems. Only when using UT2k2.... Also i set the FSB at defaults and just tried overclocking with my Video card and Im still getting the retsrts with UT2k3.... Its weird, almost like the game is running out of spec and it deosnt like it. Ive never raised the voltage ubove 1.75 though.. Heres my specs:

Athlon xp2400+(Volcano 7 cooling) 33 -37 degrees celcius
A7V333 (bios 1015) 24-28 degrees celcius
1024 megs of PC2700 DDR samsung ram
Visiontek Geforce 4 ti4600(theramaltake copper cooling kit)
4072 official dets(12100 3dmarkscore with no overclocking)
30/40 WD 7200 rpm ata100 HDs
SB audigy 5.1 gamer
48/12/48 sony cdwr
400 Wt Ernomax PS

ah welcome to my world of MISERY...

I had my 1600+ stable at 1.85Gig for three months. Ran 3dmark, q3arena, etc. etc. etc. Never EVER stability problem...

SOF2 was released late last spring and is/was the only game/software on my entire machine that wouldn't run with the FSB at 166/333. The second I put fsb back down to 133 no more crashes back into windows...

nice now I put my old 2000+ back in and added a BOO because it ****ed me off so much.

In all honesty after playing with every setting combination and not having any cooling issues I could think of, I concluded that the northbridge on my kt333 could not handle the bandwidth...

Good luck, can't think of anything more frustrating than instability NOT caused by heat issues...
:mad: :mad:

i hope thats not the case with me and there is an answer. Right now I playing with the cpu/memory ratio.......

Oddly...it might not be your rig....

There's a patch available for UT2K3, that helped me out when I first installed. I wasn't getting lock ups, per-se, but it ran very, very poorly. Close to locking up the system, but not quite.

Installing the patch cured a lot of problems. If you haven't gotten the patch, check over at www.unrealplayground.com ....they have it over there, amongst other sites.

BTW...check in the Forums there for it...I don't believe they have it on the front page...

B.

got the patch already so it cant be my rig..... I have 0 crashes in any other games, ran multiple benchmarks without a freeze or problem. As I said, i put the defaults back and unreal runs for hours without a crash. Now other people in other forums are telling me alot of people are having problems with UT2k3 only when overclocking. So it cant be only me thats going through this. Only thing i cant figure out is when i had my 2100+ chip in i ran the FSB at 140 without any problems with Unreal. But when I put my FSB at 140 with my new 2400+ chip.. I get the retart only with this game though...

Back