• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updated Abit BD7-Raid and TH7II-Raid Bios. Get them here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrNatural

NEWLY Updated! Abit TH7II-Raid and BD7-Raid Bios. Get them here!

Hi all. Figurued I would toss both of these in here together to make it easier on me to keep track rather than running back and forth between several threads.

Bios for TH7II-Raid is few under hood tweaks to registers to snap things up a little. Code 26 Cold Boot Issue is not an issue so far in this release. So far I have not had to hit the on/off button once and have yet to get an overvoltage alarm with it. It now is back to 1.85v. Have also added CPUCIDE for new 522 P4s.

Anyway. Here it is.

Abit TH7II-Raid Beta Bios TH7H_40B.BIN

SORRY, No update for BD7 users as of yet. Stuck having issues with CBI. So for now I recommend you to either use the older bios that has the CBI problem if you need the 1.85v. Just don't rebbot to often. If voltage isn't an issue but you are tired of the CBI then use the one I have linked below.

For all you BD7-Raid users I've upped the vcore is now at 1.7v for NW so that should help some. Also did a few reg tweaks to help The Code 26 Cold Boot Issue is fixed. So far I can run the system about an hour at full load, do a quick shut down, wait about 5 min to cool down then turn system back on. Will boot first time This is btw with the system running at 148mhz FSB with the memory running at 198mhz with only air cooling.

Anyway. Give it a try and let me know how it does.

Abit BD7-Raid Beta Bios BD7_7C.BIN

Remember when flashing to always have your cpu and system running at default speeds. Also use the following line with awdflash to insure a proper and clean flash.

awdflash bd7_6h2.bin (or th7h_39c.bin for you TH7II users) /py/sy oldbion.bin /Wb/cd/cp/cc/LD

This string will insure a clean flash and save your old bios incase you decide you don't want to keep this one. Also it will clear the cmos of all old bios settings. It will not reboot the syste but let you choose whether to reset the system or go back to the dos prompt.

Let me know how these files do for you.

I am still awaiting word back from Abit on the main issue I mention on the Code 26 Cold Boot error and will let everyone know as soon ans they contact me on this.

Last edited:
Report on the 26 cold boot on a TH7-II.

Installed your 39C yesterday and No cold boot this morning. This is on a system that normally has it. So far this bios has performed exceptional for me. I get 40MHz more out of the CPU and the cold boot may be gone.

Yippee!

My hats off to you.

Dennis

MrNatural said:

Let me know how these files do for you.

I have been running the 39C bios...[the 'proper one'] for some hours now without any hiccups under 100% load at 2760 Mhz with the rdram at 4x on 1.65 v-core volts.

Thanks Mr N.

I'll give it a boot in the volts and up the FSB soon.

R.

thanks again
i'll try to pump up the FSB later, still experiencing the cold boots though..

Let me just say personally MrNatural that the work you are doing here deserves the uttmost respect from all herein, so thank you and keep up the fantastic work, it is most appreciated.:D

New bd7r bios

Thanks for another great bios. Running 140fsb at 1.7v , stable.
I have a question , I think there was something new, the cpu L3 cache , enable/disable. Can you say anything about this?

regards
cjordan61:)

Mr Natural, KUDOS to you..:clap:..I'll definitely give your tweaked bios a spin and see how it turns out ASAP. Whichever the results may turn out to be, it's still better than none from :temper:ABIT:temper: . ABIT should probably hire you to replace some of the unworthy tech support guys there :beer:CHEERS:beer:

the new 39c turn out to be worse than the bios 77
its got cold boot problem every single time now
i have to use the insert key to start up then go in bios and save

nigely said:
the new 39c turn out to be worse than the bios 77
its got cold boot problem every single time now
i have to use the insert key to start up then go in bios and save

does the BIOS 77 not give a cold boot everytime? i may have to give it a try

for me 77 is the best out of all
i tried to convice myself that 43a, 39b and 39c is better
but everytime i just flash it to 77 again

i have just flashed to bios 77 and now i can turn on almost everytime, still not everytime
and i have found out that fix pci causes the blue screen or PCI.SYS corupted error

flashed the 39c(39b?) bios last knight, thought it fixed the cold boot, fired up on first boot for the first time in its life last night. but this morrning its up to the same thing, I have to hit reset. one very nice thing about this bios is it has fan control back in. (As far as I can remember the 38 bios left this out)This is especialy nice for people like me with the cold boot problem because I can suspend with fans off and she is much quieter.I could not get any more fsb out of her with this bios though. The most I can get is 128 with rram at 4x I can get 145+ with rram at 3x (did not try higher) but this seems kind of useless because it slows the whole sys down. Must be my ram choking I guess its the luck of the draw.

Here we go flashed bios 39c. thanks Mr.N (had 39b)

have never flashed bios this much in one week(lol)
Just to report, still have coldboot prob. not complaining.
Just a dumb question. why is it called "cold"boot. when ever I power up cold,warm,hot I have to hit reset once and only once and she boots every time.

gipat said:

Just a dumb question. why is it called "cold"boot. when ever I power up cold,warm,hot I have to hit reset once and only once and she boots every time.

Shouldn't be as bad with the Cold boot and on warm boots it should be happening at all. What speeds do you have your FSB and RDRAM set to and what voltages are you running your vcore at?

gipat said:

I have the same problem too
I've tried to play around with it and the highest FSB i can get to not have the cold boot problem is 115FSB (at 1.65V and above). If i choose 116FSB or higher no matter how high or low the voltage is it always does the cold boot problem.
Intrestingly the highest FSB with no cold boot that i can get into Windows XP with (as at 115FSB it gives some error) is 108FSB, wierd because i can get into Windows XP no problem even at 133FSB.

I also read today that nigely (in this thread: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78792) is not managing to go above 115FSB without cold boots, same as me then, maybe there's a problem there somewhere.

Last edited:
Cooler666 said:

I have the same problem too
I've tried to play around with it and the highest FSB i can get to not have the cold boot problem is 115FSB (at 1.65V and above). If i choose 116FSB or higher no matter how high or low the voltage is it always does the cold boot problem.
Intrestingly the highest FSB with no cold boot that i can get into Windows XP with (as at 115FSB it gives some error) is 108FSB, wierd because i can get into Windows XP no problem even at 133FSB.

I also read today that nigely (in this thread: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78792) is not managing to go above 115FSB without cold boots, same as me then, maybe there's a problem there somewhere.

I've been seeing this also with some ppl and there setups. Not really sure why some have no problems and get grerat results from the bios changes while a few have no change or worse problems than before unless it has something to do with other hardware configurations.

Back