• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serraph

Currently using a 1.3 ghz athlon (100 fsb), 512 mb of pc133 ram, a crappy pcchips m810lmr motherboard, gf4 ti4400, 80 gb WD SE harddrive. I need to upgrade just my cpu, motherboard, and ram. What should I get? I'll be using the system mainly for gaming and internet. I want to have something that will last just long enough until Clawhammer is released. What's a good cpu and motherboard to get that will do the job? Needs to have 6 channel audio, integrated lan, and raid is not needed. Trying to spend as little money as possible while getting something that will run upcoming games at respectable framerate with my ti4400. Stuff from Newegg is preferred since that's where I usually buy my computer parts from.

Last edited:
OP
Serraph

Serraph

Ok well I decided to buy a XP 1600+ that I plan to o/c with my AX-7 and TT Smartfan 2. Hopefully I get a good stepping and can o/c it to 1.8/1.9 ghz. Have a few questions though. About the Clawhammer...what is the estimated quarter of 2003 that it will be released? Also what kind of memory will the clawhammer be using? I am planning on buying PC3200 Corsair XMS memory and will this memory be able to run clawhammer at it's full speed?

Last edited: