• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blurry

Would a VGA Silencer, Giant II, or similar Zalman fit on a GeForce FX (5600 and lower)?

It depends on how fast he needs cooling though. I don't think the new rev. silencers are coming out for atleast another 4-5 weeks. Anyhow you should be able to check the compatiblity of a cooler on the manufactuer's website. I can tell you the VGA silencer and the Giant 2 won't work on the FX cards. The Zalman heatpipe coolers will fit all cards including the FX line as long as the have mounting holes according to what i have read. I have a Zalman on my 9800pro and its a pretty much one of the best out there next to the VGA silencer. Most people complain about it because they say its hard to install but it took me all of about 10 minutes to rig it up on my 9800pro(I also like putting things together to it gave me something to assemble hehe).

One of the first things I did was check each of the manufacturer's sites for any info on compatibility, and none of the sites offered anything helpful or specified what models the coolers worked on. Thanks for the help.

Back