• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade from 8370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

hey, im going to be upgrading my old 8370, and not sure if I want to wait for a 5600x to get back in stock, or if I get a 3800X for about the same price. Will be putting it into a b550 board, and will continue to use my GTX 1070.
thoughts and opinions on 5600x vs 3800X?
3600x costs even more than the 3800x, so thats not really a viable option either.

If this is a gaming rig I would wait for the 5600x, much better for gaming than the 3800x even with two less cores. Availability should get better in January (we hope)

Unless this is something you want/have to do now I would wait for one of the 5XXX chips to be available. I haven't updated my sig but my 5800X has surprised me.

Already ordered new ram, mobo, m.2 drive, and cpu block. Don't know if I have the patience to wait for more stock to appear. Might just get the 3800x and then try and sell it in the spring/summer when new parts are more readily available

Gaming mostly.
Definitely noticing my old 8370 will be pegged at 100% on all 8 cores in a fair number of the games I play.

Gaming mostly.
Definitely noticing my old 8370 will be pegged at 100% on all 8 cores in a fair number of the games I play.
This is because games that use dx12 and vulkan are becoming more and more popular. In 2013/14 these cpus often cannot show their full potential in gaming due to the dx11.

Back