• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Upgrade opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

So I got a budget of about $2200 CAD.

I want a 3080 but canÂ’t find one on its own. I wanted some feedback on which will be the better upgrade.

3080 and 5800x

Or

3080ti

Everything else will be my current sig rig. I have a 144hz 1440p monitor. I mainly play eft, world of tanks, league of legends. Also looking to replay 2077 since it was a poor experience on my 1080.

I am leaning towards the 3080ti since I can upgrade all the other components once newer hardware comes out in 2022.

Thoughts?

I am not a gamer, but would venture that the upgrade to the 5800x would make the difference of not getting the 3080ti

3080/3080ti would be my route... but only if the price is reasonable. Then, save up for new Intel/DDR5/PCIE50 towards the end of this year, or new and with the same late next year.

You'd get a few percent fps increase going to the 5000 series though.

That's not a bad upgrade...tough call.. can you live with the 1080 for six months and look again after new Intel chips hit?

I will be buying parts, since our maple syrup money isn't worth as much $2200 doesn't go as far and I was planning on $2200 being including taxes.

I think I will be going with the 3080ti since it gets about 600k more PPD than the standard 3080. Then I can upgrade the rest of the system next year sometime.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Back