• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aman99

Well I am putting together some upgrades for my system, and I am wondering if you guys think these are good choices or have any suggestions.

Current planned upgrades:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe nForce2 motherboard
AMD Barton 2500+ that I plan to overclock (I have watercooling)
FIC Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB (I would spend up to $200 on a vid card)
Western Digital 36.7 GB 10000 RPM SATA hard drive

Let me know if there are anything you recommend that are better products for gaming for a similar price to these components. Thanks!

Skiing Squirrel

Yea, if you are getting raptor drives, get 2 and put them in a raid 0... It will be one hella fast system! Your system looks pretty good... What kind of ram are you going to be using?

OP
A

Aman99

Well I might attempt to keep using my Mushkin PC3000 Ram (2x256), as long as it can do 400Mhz (its speced at like 383Mhz...but its Mushkin so I think it'll do it fine). If i needed to I suppose I could opt for some new memory.

gahdzila

I've got the Asus A7N8X Deluxe...it's a GREAT board. You'll like it.

I've also got an ATi Radeon 9500 Pro with 128 mb DDR. Very reliable card, overclocks well (after a BIOS flash). Newer cards are coming out now, so you might want to shop around a little more.

I'm still using my old Tbird...gonna get the same CPU as you soon (Barton 2500+).

Those HDD's look to be excellent performers...but they're a little too expensive for my tastes.