• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrade time 5760 x 1080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Would like to say that i got a msi 970 gaming gtx. Love it. maxes everything i play at 1080p and is playable at 1440. at almost max for 5760x1980 most are very playable. far cry still uses 3.8 gig of v ram and only hits 20 fps at ultra but toned down its great. Next step i decided is a i5 4690k and a sabertooth m1. got a corsait c70 vengance case to put it in to retire my old aurora case.

I thought switching to Intel was out of the question :p.

Don't get the Sabretooth. It makes no sense on Z97. Get yourself an ASRock Z97 Extreme 6. Which, incidentally, probably has better sound than your soundcard, unless you have a card based on CMI8788 with good caps and a headphone amp. ($200 class soundcard)

The Ex6 has way more features than the Sabretooth does and overclocks just as well. Go on the manufacturer websites (ASUS/ASRock) and read their propaganda pages for the boards. You'll see that the Ex6 has way more features.

Switch was out of the question. not anymore though lol. with a almost 8 year old waterblock its time for a new one anyway. i have a pretty good sound card http://www.soundblaster.com/products/sound-blaster-z.aspx. I will definitely keep that one and the extreme 9 in mind when i go pick them up. the Microcenter here in Houston has great combo deals so ill buy the cpu and mobo at same time depending on whats in stock. ordering a new water block next week and the rest two weeks after that. Thanks for the suggestion

Back