• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded bios on Kt7-R and won't restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugby

King of Cats Senior
I just followed the instructions at Paul's KT7 webpage to upgrade my bios to YH on my Kt7-Raid and it went perfectly. I then pressed F1 to restart and the computer just shut off. When I press the power button it powers up for a couple of seconds and then powers down without a beep or anything. Did I kill something? I did clear the cmos and still nothing. Any suggestions or did I just make a nice paperweight out of my mb? Thanks.

DaveB

Did you try booting it up while holding down the Insert key?

OP
rugby

rugby

King of Cats Senior
DaveB (Apr 08, 2001 12:07 p.m.):
Did you try booting it up while holding down the Insert key?

Yeah, nothing. It powers on for only 2-3 seconds and then shuts off. This is strange. No beeps, nothing.

OP
rugby

rugby

King of Cats Senior
I finally figure out the boot problem. I had the fan plugged into the wrong header. I finally get through the bios and now need to reconfig my overclocking. I learned something valuable today.

donnie

Did that once. Almost drove me crazy. It only takes once to learn that lesson.

OP
rugby

rugby

King of Cats Senior
The only way I figured it out was through a google search and a couple of hours of research. Finally, I read it on Paul's site in the troubleshooting section and I didn't even realize there was another fan header there due to cable clutter. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me a new Antec case!