• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS...Ugh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rozal

Banned
Ordered my new Conroe e6600...
Here is my tracking info
11/27/2006 16:01:00 LOCATION SCAN HARTFORD, CT, US 30 MINUTES AWAY
11/27/2006 13:56:00 DEPARTURE SCAN STRATFORD, CT, US 50 MINUTES AWAY
11/27/2006 01:10:00 ARRIVAL SCAN STRATFORD, CT, US 50 MINUTES AWAY
11/26/2006 23:25:00 DEPARTURE SCAN SECAUCUS, NJ, US 4 HOURS AWAY
11/26/2006 09:23:00 LOCATION SCAN SECAUCUS, NJ, US 4 HOURS AWAY
11/24/2006 18:16:00 ORIGIN SCAN EDISON, NJ, US 4 HOURS AWAY
11/24/2006 18:07:55 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M] EDISON, NJ, US

Sheduled delievery date is the 28th.

Now my package went to Hartford, 30 minutes away.

Then I check it now...
Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 11/29/2006.

ARGHH!!!!

WHY?
Will they refund my shipping?

Last edited:
I hate UPS, A guy that posts on another forum I post on actually had a "train derailment" listed for one of the delays. This was after it went to another state, then to Texas (his location) then back to Cali (original shipping location) then it got on the doomed train. Took like a month to get what he ordered.

i ordered from newegg on the 20th. by the 22nd it was listed as being in my city with a scheduled delivery date of the 27th (today, monday after thksgvng)... So today I'm checking the tracking over and over again and it hasn't changed to 'out for delivery' so I assume it's coming tomorrow. 6pm rolls around and there's a knock on the door. Like 30 minutes later the tracking changes to 'delivered'.

I've had UPS trouble a few times so far...and thats when I was in NJ for the summer. It was coming the next day...and then... they couldn't find the address :mad: I had to call them up and tell them the closest intersection (and since I was there only for the summer, I had no clue :bang head , thank god for google maps!) TWO days later, it finally came.....I also ordered with fedex and it came with no problems.

I will no longer go live on that one block... and i doubt they will refund it...since you will eventually get it

Every UPS shipment has a set route it will take, usually going through a main hub for a district then going back out to the outer small centers. Your package had no missed scans which is good and moved daily which is also good. If it was a ground package it was right on time of 3-5 working days. That it is getting deliverd today is a good thing but early. Unless you left out some lines of the tracking then I don't see anything odd about what happen to your shipment.

Unless you didn't use ground shipping I see no problem and wouldn't expect a shipping refund.

wannaoc said:
Every UPS shipment has a set route it will take, usually going through a main hub for a district then going back out to the outer small centers. Your package had no missed scans which is good and moved daily which is also good. If it was a ground package it was right on time of 3-5 working days. That it is getting deliverd today is a good thing but early. Unless you left out some lines of the tracking then I don't see anything odd about what happen to your shipment.

Unless you didn't use ground shipping I see no problem and wouldn't expect a shipping refund.
UPS 3Day
I already was refunded for my shipping.
If they say it's coming at X date and it doesn't come that date they must refund my shipping. I don't see how it should take 48 hours to get a package to me that's 30 minutes away.
It was delivered today at 10AM. Still at classes so :(.

11/28/2006 10:43:00 DELIVERED[D]
11/28/2006 02:06:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY NORTH HAVEN, CT, US
11/27/2006 20:33:00 ARRIVAL SCAN NORTH HAVEN, CT, US
11/27/2006 19:51:00 DEPARTURE SCAN HARTFORD, CT, US
11/27/2006 16:01:00 LOCATION SCAN HARTFORD, CT, US
11/27/2006 13:56:00 DEPARTURE SCAN STRATFORD, CT, US
11/27/2006 01:10:00 ARRIVAL SCAN STRATFORD, CT, US
11/26/2006 23:25:00 DEPARTURE SCAN SECAUCUS, NJ, US
11/26/2006 09:23:00 LOCATION SCAN SECAUCUS, NJ, US
11/24/2006 18:16:00 ORIGIN SCAN EDISON, NJ, US
11/24/2006 18:07:55 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M] EDISON, NJ, US

I was just mad that they said I would get it today, but then they changed it and said I wouldn't but I ended up getting it today anyway. UPS has good shipping, just weird, I oreder 3 day and it comes the next day after I ordered it. Sometimes it sits 30 minutes away from me for 2 days.
Since UPS had Friday off they got it to me in 2 buisness days.

Last edited:
the packages are scanned by a scanner hanging over the conveyor bel that the unloaders place the packages on, so if the label isnt up (which it isnt alot of the time) they dont always get scanned. Thats why it doesnt always update correctly.

:welcome: to the forums.
I think UPS employees must always have the bar code facing up, so I think that it would miss a scan not very often

Rozal said:
:welcome: to the forums.
I think UPS employees must always have the bar code facing up, so I think that it would miss a scan not very often

hehe, were supposed to, but it doesnt always happen. Youve got a guy standing in a trailer full of packages and hes supposed to unload them at ~1200 per hour. theyre all shapes and sizes and some are too heavy to lift so he has to eithe rget help or send them down a separate bulk slide. the rest hes just placing on a belt as fast as he can and depending on where the label is it doesnt always end up on top.
as for me, im a sorter, the packages come off the trucks to a main belt and i pick them off and put them on another belt depending on the zip code.
then theres another guy picking them off those belts and sending them to trailers where another guy loads them into a truck. so your package is getting handled at least 4 times and is on multiple conveyor belts in between with thousands of other packages, which sometimes get jammed up. i dont think its so much which company you ship with, just how its packaged and a little luck :p

Back