• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[URGENT] could i of been this dumb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greenman100

Disabled
Please read the Cooling subforum more, and THEN post.

Your questions will be answered better if you are better educated before posting them.

As for the original question, how about some more information....fan type, temps, overclock, motherboard...etc

stan03

Zatrix said:
well idk. my comp is REALLY hot. i installed them on the back of the comp. blowing out wards

generally that is the correct direction... and cpu heatsinks shouldn't be touched when the computer is on anyway. download MBM5 and tell us what CPU temps are.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Zatrix, you need to stop labeling every post you make urgent - its a form of trolling. It is a waste of resources and time to do so... Especially when you have questions that are of no immediate value - For gods sakes you are asking about fans that have been installed for a year - how could this be urgent in anyway? Your system obviously isn't going to die an hour from now.

Everyone would appreciate this ending, including me most of all. :D

OP
Zatrix

Zatrix

alright fine. i got my temps

guess what i was right to put urgent

104!!!! degrees farenhiet for the cpu
and 102 for the case.

wtf. im opening the case now and putting a fan infront of it. ill tell you the results in a few mins

KOXC2003

Your CPU temp isn't bad at all, but what CPU do you have? I'm guessing you took these temps when your system was at idle, its more helpful to know your temps under full load. Full system settings?

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
104 = 40C which is completely normal for an idle temp.

Your system is in no danger, but your case temps could definetly be improved if you would have one fan blowing in, and one fan blowing out.

envy

1) how on earth can it be urgent now if its been running without problems for a year...?

2) Your temps are fine, you arent supposed to touch your components when the system is running....obviously 104 seems too much if ur aiming for a system you can stroke.

3) Go for a suck/blow configuration, try to get roughly the same amount being brought into the case from the front as is being blown out at the back.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
What do you mean "find a front intake"? Your case may have an area in the front where mounting a fan would be possible, it would likely be found near the bottom. What kind of a case do you have?

lilneel12

i think you need to find out what is in your comp and tell everyone b4 you start posting, then we can help you