• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

***Urgent!! Overclockers needs your help! Folding that is.***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my 1.4 tbird is folding as of 17 minutes ago....

newbie on board!

F@H

Fold guys!!! When I was a noob a few months ago, I just sailed right on by threads about Folding and Seti. I was too into learning how to tweak things just right, and it seemed like Distributed Computing programs would only add more stress to an already stressed cpu. However, I've since learned the errors of my thinking... Folding is totally safe, and a useful tool for getting a load temp and testing stability, burning-in, etc. Plus it helps humanity to understand the microcsomic realities of orgainc compounds... it'll advance nanotech and help find cures for diseases and genetic disorders. There's a lot of ground to cover as far as proteins go, so save those wasted MHhz a put them to use for a good cause.

And besides that, folding is addictive. I find myself racing to check the stats pages at the beginning of the hour. I find myself modding my friends OEM PC's to bribe them to fold for me. I find myself caught up in taunting folders who are ahead of me in the ranks... in a friendly way. I've even been contemplating sneaking it on to work computers....

Guys, folding is fun, good for the world, and its a great way to make yourself feel proud of your computer.

Fold! Please try it out! Fold for Team 32.

The new team page is up. It has a few bugs to still be worked out and we haven't moved it from my host, but it's workable and working. ;)
http://www.overclockers.ws/

We have seen a significant boost in production as of late and seem to be making progress against the other teams thanks to the help of a lot of new people joining the team and a lot of "old" ;) people kicking it into high gear with upgrades or new systems and such. Looks good. Hope to see you on the team. Um. the Folding@Home Team32 that is. :cool:

Here's what we need from you. Anyone can help. We need at least 100-130 uncommitted systems to be added to the team ranks. We can do this. We've done it before and we can do it again. We need your help :D Call your friends, your neighbors. Start a telemarketing campaign. Drop some mailers. Get the word out. We are team 32 and we will not be denied.

Why? Well, it's a race against another team that came in here sounding off. It's a race against several teams. and it's a race against disease. We ask not for money. We ask for your idle cpu cycles.

download the folding client today. Do it for Team32. Do it for your mothers. Do it for your fathers. Do it for your sisters. Do it for your brothers. Do it for your favorite aunt. Do it for yourself. http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html Just do it ;)

more answers available in the folding forum on this site. http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21

Fold On my brothers :burn:

We have some very strong competition coming up behind us and are about to lose 3rd place to Team Rage3D. If you aren't folding right now, please join our effort. Every spare CPU cycle helps.

Folding is an excellent way to stability-test your current overclock. Also, it hopes to answer some perplexing questions in medical science. Maybe unlock the door to a cure for Alzheimers or Cancer.

Anyway, our team needs more help. We need some dormant folders to start again, and we need new people too. Be part of something! Join Overclockers.com's Folding@Home team.

More information can be found HERE.

Newbie_Doo

Well, its happened. The line has crossed. Unless we get some serious folders going then we are going to lose 3rd place very soon.

If anyone needs a hand setting up folding, or has any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

wow!! I just won a brand new duron thanks to folding. what a great thing, helping find cures for diseases, some friendly competition, and now a FREE duron.

if youre not already folding, you should be!

great!
all help is needed and appreciated, not just super fast machines.

so if your machines arent top of the line and u still wanna help, GO AHEAD AND JOIN US!

we'd love to have u.....

-Malakai

In the last week we have added a tremendous amount of power thanks to you. :)
We need more. The competition is strong and the Overclockers.com team (Team32 that is) is dedicated to showing them what we can do. Dust off your heatsink(You don't have a lot of dust on your heatsink, right?) break out the psu, fire up the athlon or Pentium and get folding.

Fold On :burn:

funnyperson1 said:
Yoda says:

Fold you must, the fold is strong with the boy, hmmmm?

i think he would say "strong with the fold this boy is, fold you must, hmmm" :)

Back