• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Urgent....quick question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeff_harrison_344

Hey I just installed an AMD XP2000 CPU in my other computer and I turnedit on and I could hear everuything booting up but the screen jus stayed 'yellow'...u know llike inactive.....my board is the Abit KR7A RAID and it supports that type....I was also careful that I did not chip the core...anyone?

JimmyG

Are you sure the mobo supports an XP2000? Are the jumpers set for auto BIOS selection of the CPU? Can you put the old CPU back in to check the config? When you put a new CPU in, the mobo may set itself back to default. Is there any exotic hardware in that the defaults won't support? Pull all the cards and boot with just the video card, RAM and floppy (with boot disk in it). Does it work? If not try new ram. Are there any beeps? If you pull the cpu do you get beeps? If not, the mobo went south. Otherwise, the cpu may have gone south.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Is the moniter pluged into video card ??

You have the fan connected to proper fan header ??

Did you reset the cmos ? Try that

Are you sure that bios in YOUR board supports that processor because some boards do support faster CPU but require a bios flash.

OP
J

jeff_harrison_344

Well this is an update...to limit down all of the possibilities you guys threw at me (which isnt a bad thning I may add)

I put the old CPU in, thinking it would work and the exact same thing...I tried reseating the video card and even the fan header...but nothing....everything sounds fine...except the monitor stays inactive and there is no beep i usually get at bootup about 7secs after I start the comp. I took the battery out and put it back in after a minute and that didnt work either...im really puzzled here.

plbowler

Does that Motherboard have onboard Video? (may be a stupid question) if it does, your BIOS may have reseet to use the Onboard video. Mine did exactly what youa re decribing after I overclocked my video card. I plugged the monitor back into the onboard video then went in to the BIOS and disabled the onboard video, it read the PCI card perfectly the next bootup

OP
J

jeff_harrison_344

Well I took everything out and put it all back in...and now instead of nothign I get a a about 3 second beeps

And how do i clear the cmos??

tnX

AngelisX

Registered
Check the mobo manual for the BIOS/CMOS Clear jumper. If you find that, it'll tell you where it is and what to do with it. Don't have one? Power down your system and turn off the PS, yank that CMOS cell outta' there and let it sit for a little bit while you go and drink a glass of Coke or Pepsi (depending on your prefference). Hope it helps.

OP
J

jeff_harrison_344

Yea i found the cmos and i cleared it but still nothing....I think it might be the video but i put another cardin there and the same thing....

Bon3thugz43v3r

This happens to me all the time. First I take out everything, unhook it all including cpu. Then I put in the video card, cpu, hd, 1 stick of ram, and thats it. That usually works for me, than i just hook everything back up and it works. Computers pshhh....:mad: