• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB drivers for MSI X470 M7 AC- Solved!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

So after 3 pain staking days of trying to get Windows 10 to update, I remember again why i left that piece of trash operating system sitting on the shelf. And ended up loading Windows 7 on my new ryzen system. But i cant get the USB ports to work for the life of me. I used a PS2 mouse to install windows 7 and im using the on board keyboard. Im not sure whats going on ive downloaded and installed the latest drivers and MSI even has full driver support for Windows 7 with this motherboard. Im stumped ive seen the modded ISO technique while searching google. Will i have to fully reinstall the OS using this method to get the drivers to work?

I figured it out!

Last edited:
Please list the solution (enabled legacy option in bios to load xhci drivers?) So those reading the thread know how you did it. ;)

If anyone else comes across this thread, on MSI's support page you can download the "Smart Tool" this will make a Win7 install from your disc/media. Adds in USB functionality and NVMe support as well if you tick that box.
To get the system working from that semi functional state you need to install the AMD AM4 chipset drivers they work for Win7 and Win10. This is why I still have an ODD around so I can use the mobo disc if necessary or you could download them IF you have internet functionality.

Back