USB power tester

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member

Well that looks fun. I don't know that I need a USB tester, but it's been added to my list. :)

don256us

Uber Folding Senior

It's interesting to me. Perhaps a reasonable way to verify the Amps of a charger. Maybe a way to see what kind of draw a device has on your USB bus. I can think of ways to use one. I eagerly await your thoughts on it once you get it.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior

It occured to me that I had another potential use. I bought long USB charging cables that have been wonky at best. It would be nice to see how they test out for power. I realize that this does little to check data integrity but still...

ED. I like the first one you listed. That second one would be a hot mess in my hands.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner

Look at this tank...bigger screen at least. The font size more appropriate for my aging ojos. :p

Damnit.. the bright colors might get me here.... :borg:

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member

1st pic, can't see anything from the flash, 2nd pic with flash off, you can see it. Works great. I have a WD 1TB USB 3.0 HDD hooked up and at it's peak current use, it peaked at .7 amps when copying a large file, when not reading or writing it draws .22 amps

Attachments

• DSCN0802_.JPG
    DSCN0802_.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0803_.JPG
    DSCN0803_.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited: