• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB TV Tuners any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tea_J

I've got a TV Tuner Card from Winfast, and it's pretty decent..

im thinking about getting an external one for my new rig..

are these USB tuners good? quality wise? thinking they're going through USB 2.0 limitations only.. however also thiking since there's no more interferance it'd be better i guess.. coz my old card in the PCI slot was getting tons of interferenace and in some chanels i get bad reception coz of that..

Ya'll got some tips fo me?

Xris

A friend of mine has a USB tuner. He never uses it, because it's complete trash. I think it was just a cheap one and not a reflection of course on the wonderful interface that is usb. So i guess it's neither here nor there. You're welcome for my non-help.

OP
T

Tea_J

Is there a good way to save for HIGH CAPACITY PSU?

ah i see..

my choices around here are

Winfast
Kworld
Prolink - Pixelview

Last edited:

quadcore86

I use the Pinnacle USB HD TV Pro Stick and it's PERFECT. If you have vista, it's true plug & play. You just plug it in, let vista install it's driver and start up Windows Media Center and Windows Media Center will automatically use it!

However, be prepared to use a better antenna than the one that comes with it.