• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB UIRT and external reciever - how to control?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

I have a USB-UIRT that I want to put to use on my main rig. I have the X-Fi connected to a Onkyo receiver via 7.1 inputs, and all I ever do with the receiver is turn it on and off, and change the volume. The volume in Windows always stays the same.

That being said, I'd like to change some of my media keys on my Logitech Wave keyboard to control the volume on the receiver, as well as turn it on and off. I'm not really sure how to accomplish this though, as I don't know what program to use (or for that matter how I could set it up) to do such a task. The Logitech keyboard has its own driver (i also use a Logitech mouse, so I cannot use the keyboard without the driver since the driver is the same for both items), so whatever I use with the USB-UIRT I'm going to assume, must intercept the key presses before the Logitech drivers do, and send them out to the USB-UIRT as a IR command.

So is this at all possible or am I SOL?

[edit]
I've been trying Girder and it seems to do exactly what I need it to do. I'm just wondering for how long as I have the trial version, although there has been no nagging or limits of any kind so far. I just can't justify $50 for 3 commands if it does indeed stop working after some time. Any other suggestions just in case?
[/edit]

Last edited:
Back