• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Used wii games. $$$!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buffheman

My girlfriend has a wii and goes to sleep at like 10 oclock, so I've decided to just buy her wii games to give me something to do when I stay over there. Why the deuce are used wii games so expensive? Twilight princess and mario galaxy are still $30 or more... an xbox game takes like 2 months to go below $30 used, unless its like call of duty. This is all based on amazon prices, fyi. Tiger woods 10 wii costs $10 more used than for xbox or ps3. Yet they cost less new... I don't get it. I'm quitting on the wii before I even started.

Although she did get the new mario game, which is pure joyous chaos with 4 players.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Why prices don't drop? Demand. Lots of people bring them in,and they can move them they will still have inflated prices. That simple these days.

TommyHolly

Pretty much the main reason why people buy a Wii is the usual main titles of Nintendo...
Mario, Zelda, Metroid... After the extreme dissapointment of the last few big name Nintendo titles I sold my Wii and never looked back. (I'm getting ready to sell my DS as well because the last few Zelda games have been absolutely horrible.)

Interestingly, Gamestop gave me almost $300 for my Wii, a few controllers, and 6 games!

Lavacon

Was going to make a comment involving a game with 2 players after 10pm, but, it wasn't a wii title so I left it out.

rainless

Old Member
"We're moving towards a society where nobody actually owns ANYTHING... and that's dangerous. Because... once the system crashes... you lose everything you were PRETENDING to own" Rainless - OC Forums

Hahaha!

Dear god I'm down there with Gerald Ford and Margaret Thatcher!

TUK101

To me the Wii is just a gimick. Once the the newness wears off and you realize that half the games for the Wii are just old games with motion control added you start feeling pretty ripped off. With all that said though, the Wii Sports that comes with the console is pretty fun and so is Mario Cart.

FudgeNuggets

To me the Wii is just a gimick. Once the the newness wears off and you realize that half the games for the Wii are just old games with motion control added you start feeling pretty ripped off. With all that said though, the Wii Sports that comes with the console is pretty fun and so is Mario Cart.

BREAKING NEWS:
This just in..... Grass is green, water is wet.

Chixofnix

Relatively recent wii owner here - I think (for seasoned gamers, maybe just me?) the number of great titles out there is probably 10 or fewer.

Amazon is a horrible place to look for used games btw. If you want a great deal, keep your eyes peeled in the same places B+M stores and entreprenurial opportunists (like those amazons) do for maximum profit: craigslist and garage sales. Use/develop your bartering skills.

PS: I've had way more enjoyment and quality time spent with my Wii using it as a internet/PC media streamer in my living room.