• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Useless Multimedia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bicster

Registered
Hey, I have a bunch of useless multimedia slots like smart media, compact flash, memory stick, etc.. on the front of my computer by the USBs. Anyone know how I could get reid of these cuase they are simply annoying and get in the way of my modding.. I tried looking around the web and searching other post but it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem. Thanks in advance. :bang head :attn: :beer: :temper:

OP
B

bicster

Registered
my comps company has the worst site in the world.. no products, pics or anything.. lol
... its a Medion, ya i didnt build my own comp lol

cyberey66

If they just connect to motherboard headers, just take off the wires, and rip them out. Dremel type tool kits sell for about $20 at pepboys and should do the job. Post a pic of the case. Maybe you can just cut it out and cover it with a fan and fan guard.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Generally, we need to have something to work with. It is hard to tell you anything when talking about ports like these that are configured differently in every case you will find.

Pics if you have a digicam please? :)

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
Even a pic taken with a webcam would give us something to work with. ;)
If possible, a pic of the front and of the backside of the card slot area.

There are a lot of things you CAN do, but some may be easier than others.
Possibilities:
Open front intake fan area- fan grill or mesh of some type
Lights of some sort
LCD display panel
Custom front bezel section with design or other features.

Drec

NOOOOOOOO....i love my mem card readers i couldent live without em...its so much easyer ripping the card outta my cam and plugging it into my reader then it is isntalling software and using a usb cord...sigh...you sinner!!!

im assuming you dont have a digicam or else you wouldent want to remove your card reader..but pics would help alot!