• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using 24x mod and changes multipliers in windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Right, CPU MSR or crystal CPUID are known to work with the A7M266-D.

Snakeman>> do you have a screenie of the wpcredit and the changes you made?

The asus loves true mobiles. that and the gigabyte are both confirmed to work without bridge cuts to the proc.

Finallyl, I have it working with both procs now (I'm not a good painter after all) But, anyway it does work with a few quirks. The processors boot at their rated speed 1.2 ghz. And I can change both multiplier and voltage. The strange thing, programs including the OS do not show the new speed. I am having some lock ups too. I hope its temp related. I need better heatsinks for this board I think. I had no problem underclocking at all overclocking is where I have the lockups. I am using my laptop now so I can not send any screen shots. I will post some when I get home.

snakeman

Here are the pix notice the speed in the pix

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 168
  • both.jpg
    both.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 139
  • wpdredit.jpg
    wpdredit.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 137
Sweet!!

I do have lockups as well after a cold boot or if something like folding @ home is running when i ramp up.. So i just shut down all running proggies , make the change , then start the proggies back up

This went away when i switched to SATA or ATA133 drives, no more lockups under load :D

Last edited:
This thread is solid gold! Yea, I know I'm behind-the-times, especially posting to such and old post :eek: but I've been searching the 'net looking for info regarding the proper values for the pci register. Been all over Fab51 and didn't find any kind of "tutorial" on how to determine which binaries to select for what you're trying to accomplish. Thanks to gp500 over at 2CPU.com for providing a link to this thread. :)

A special thanks to Walaka for the support given thru P.M's. I didn't wanna burn ya out with a bunch of noobish questions, so I ventured out on my own; turns out you ended up helping me anyway, in roundabout fashion! ;)

Back