• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Linux to remove Windows drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

In the event I am not successful using Acronis to port my OS to my new hardware. I want to question if there is some sort of software free or paid that I can use in Linux to remove specific Windows drivers?

Otherwise is there a way to do this from the Windows 7 Disc/bootable USB while the OS is currently not loading due to driver conflicts?

Thanks all,

Bandit.

Have you tried the Windows integrated Sysprep?

Windows 7? Move on my man. It isn't even supported. :D

How do I sysprep. Can I do that via bootable USB ?

lol not moving to windows 10 on my main gaming PC. Have it on the windows 10 machine since that is mostly for emulation. I have issues with some games compatibility on windows 10 when I setup a test machine which helped me device on not going windows 10 on my gaming PC.

Issue resolved, already swapped all the hardware out so was unbootable. Tried with both just letting Windows run to see if I would get BSOD which I did, tried backup plan of using Acronis universal restore which said I had drivers missing so remained unbootable. Managed to get back into my OS and resolve almost all driver related issues using paragon via bootable USB.

Back