• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using system without biocide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HirscherM

Registered
My system is ready for distilled water now, but my pt nuke is in the post and will take two days to come. Can I fill and use my loop, then add the pt nuke when it comes, or shall i not?

You can. But when you drain & refill your loop you should flush it thoroughly just to give yourself an anti-plankton advantage. Be sure and test your completed loop outside the case first to check for leakage as well.

You can. But when you drain & refill your loop you should flush it thoroughly just to give yourself an anti-plankton advantage. Be sure and test your completed loop outside the case first to check for leakage as well.

i wasn't going to drain it when the pt nuke arrives though, so i should just wait?

If you're going to fill the loop, once you get some biocide you'll want to add a bit to the loop. So you'll need to drain a tiny amount of water out, add a bit of nuke, and run the loop to get rid of any bubbles, check for leaks. No issues. I don't know enough about your loop's components, volume, or system components to discuss any more. If you'd add this info to your signature it would help us help you. Welcome to OCF by the way! :welcome:

You probably wont have to drain anything out of the loop you don't exactly put large amounts of PT nuke into the loop.

Set the loop up and put the PT nuke in when it shows up it will be fine.

As long as its away from sunlight and not too humid and warm environments.

Yes, you won't need to drain anything unless you see things floating around that shouldn't be there or discoloration. Other then that, a few drops and you're set.

As long as its away from sunlight and not too humid and warm environments.

Yes, you won't need to drain anything unless you see things floating around that shouldn't be there or discoloration. Other then that, a few drops and you're set.

Excellent point Jack!

Hopefully his is not in direct sunlight but sunlight seriously accelerates critter growth.

Back