• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

using Vantec Aeroflow as a R9800 heatsink ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kikkler

Registered
has anyoen tried mounting a Vantec Aeroflow on top of a R9800? I'm thinking about that (allready have the aeroflow) and i would like to hear about any problematic spot i may come through (i'd hate to kill a perfectly working hsf)

I am using a stock P4 HSF on mine. I have been running it since September that way. I just plugged the fan into an AUX fan connector on my IS7 so I could have the RPMs on MBM5.

If I remember correctly, the 70mm TMD fan on the Aeroflow is of spotty quality. I have heard many stories about these fans failing quite often, even when new. I haven't heard much about this lately, so they might have fixed the problem. Besides all of that, you shouldn't have any problems if you have the HS/F mounted correctly (probably a good idea to have some kind of support on the card so it doesnt bend and damage the card).

Back