• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2003 demo benchys, these good for my system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

Athlon XP 1600 OC'd to 1.75 ghz.
Epox 8K5A2+
512mb kingston PC2700 RAM
geforce4 Ti4200 128mb
onboard sound
seagate 40gb 7200rpm HDD
win xp home

in 1024x768 I get:

flyby: 129
botmatch: 53

is that about right for my specs?

OP
gingo

gingo

How do I know what my AA and AF settings are at when I run the benchmark. Doesn't the benchmark use the same settings for everyones tests? Do I have to open up the UT demo and change them there, then run the benchmark?

Gnerma

Anti Aliasing & Ansiotropic Filtering? You have to look in your drivers, the Anti Aliasing control is built right in.. But you have to use a third party tool like riva tuner to adjust the Ansiotropic Filtering setting.. so if you haven't changed it it isnt turned on. Plus if you haven't turned AA on it's not on.

Are you using the Demo or Retail to bench? I assume Demo.. since you mentioned it. The bench has problems giving the same settings for everyones system, read this @ [H] for more.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Gnerma said:
Anti Aliasing & Ansiotropic Filtering? You have to look in your drivers, the Anti Aliasing control is built right in.. But you have to use a third party tool like riva tuner to adjust the Ansiotropic Filtering setting.. so if you haven't changed it it isnt turned on. Plus if you haven't turned AA on it's not on.

Are you using the Demo or Retail to bench? I assume Demo.. since you mentioned it. The bench has problems giving the same settings for everyones system, read this @ [H] for more.

You can adjust the AF setting in the drivers. Atleast with the newer version you can.

Gnerma

WyrmMaster said:
You can adjust the AF setting in the drivers. Atleast with the newer version you can.

Okay, didn't know that.. thx for the heads up. I haven't gone to the 40.xx drivers since the 30.82 drivers are still the 'official' dets.