• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2k4 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

termin@tor

Does anyone get an error message saying critical error?

"UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2853 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 (4403)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (xPlayer DM-Rankin.xPlayer, Function XGame.xPlayer.PlayerTick) <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Rankin <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop"

This is hte message. I can play for like hours and hours but sometimes (that's quite often actually) it just boots me out of the game in the middle of a combat and gives me this error message. Any one else get that?

I think it might be somehow heat related... my processor gets quite hot. It could go all the way to 60 under heavy load. Do you think that if I underclock a little bit it would go away? I'm thinking on doing something about the heat, but not sure if it'll help any.

I just did... well probably the most strangest mod ever! I attached to pens on one of my Smart Fans 2 and I let it hang over the heatsink.(I attached the pens to the case)
I hope that works... there are a few bugs with this game, but it's awesome otherwise.

Actually, I fixed my problem as I raised the vcore. And now that I have that fan blowing on top of my heatsink, the heat isn't all that bad.

That means youre cpu or something else isnt stable. The game really pounds youre hardware, so if ur overclocking and it isnt stable U2004 or 2003 will give ya error's, either increase the cooling or voltage or lower the overclock.

CandymanCan said:
That means youre cpu or something else isnt stable. The game really pounds youre hardware, so if ur overclocking and it isnt stable U2004 or 2003 will give ya error's, either increase the cooling or voltage or lower the overclock.

If you would've read above, that's exactly what I did! ;)

Yeah, I'm getting similar problems with UT2004. I'm running the game with everything at its highest setting at 1280x1024. After playing for about 30 minutes the FPS occasionally drops to about 5-10. The FPS drops occur anywhere, not necessarily when there is a lot of action on screen. I'm assuming it has to do with heat buildup in my system - if I continue to play under these circumstances my system restarts. I'm sure thats a dead giveaway.

Otherwise, the game runs liquid smooth (playing it on the system in my sig). What bothers me is this rig can blast through games like FarCry with no problems at all. Maybe UT2004 stresses every aspect of your system...not just your videocard.

rocketman, that maybe because you only have 512 of ram. I dont know for sure, but i experience similar "jumps" and i just assume its the ram (damn i shoulda bought 1 gig)

Back