• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV lights....what to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kellygtp

So in the HAF im buying I was gonna run UV tubes in Red instead of UV fluid...we just painted and setup my buddys HAF and he said his UV lights dont work really well....they are the smaller cathodes.

My questions are...

are LED's or Cathodes better? any brands people prefer over others, i saw somewhere some brand claims double the output....any ideas or preferences here?

Ive noticed that some tube turns out pink....as well as most red uv fluid, does anyone have any idea of the best tubing to get to keep the Red color and not pink.?

thanks for the help guys!!!

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
LED tended to be brighter and may flood your case with purple light as well as UV. UV CCFL is darker with less purple glow and seems to do better with UV reactive without washing out the area with purple light.

Check Walmart or someplace for a small 4" or 6" UV fluorescent bulb, generally they are battery powered and could be hacked to run off computer's power.

OP
kellygtp

kellygtp

LED tended to be brighter and may flood your case with purple light as well as UV. UV CCFL is darker with less purple glow and seems to do better with UV reactive without washing out the area with purple light.

Check Walmart or someplace for a small 4" or 6" UV fluorescent bulb, generally they are battery powered and could be hacked to run off computer's power.

seriously one of these??
MP10000049391_P255045_500X500.jpg

you cant be serious....

Springbok

My favorite cathode purchase has to be the day/night UV by Logisys, I'd buy from them again. The day/night kits had blue & UV cathodes in one tube, but since you're going red maybe combine a red kit & a UV kit.