• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

V-mod on a KT3 Ultra2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Anyone know where there might be a detailed explanation on doing a volt-mod on my KT3?? Looking to get 1.9 - 1.95V

Tiger

You'll find info under the AMD mobo's section. You need really good cooling, preferably water. I have modded using the Pomona SMD grabber and also found that using heat sinks on the mosfets and the small ic sitting between the 2 pairs of mosfets helps stability of the vcore. These components get very hot after a volt mod. I have used a 50K pot and cut one of the ground legs off to turn it into a variable resistor i.e. you have the full 50K range of resistence which makes it possible to turn the pot back for normal range use. If you do this make sure you use a ohm meter to set the resistence to max before use else you could destroy your chip.