• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vacuumcleanercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm assuming that vacuum cleaner is sucking air from the case. Wonder how long it will take for the insides to clog up with dust ???

Now if it's blowing I guess there won't be any dust after it's been filtered by the dust bag inside.

Darn, why can't I come up with something funny to say when I need it most ;D

My concern would be for the vacuum cleaner motor. I don't think they are designed to run for protracted lengths of time. I know my Hoover gets pretty warm after only a half an hour of use. My wife would probably swear to the fact that there is no way i could know this. :)

Hoot

Damn, Vacuum cleaners are loud too! Move over Delta, a new king has arrived. Oh wait, there's already the "Extreme" hair dryer fan used by Joe for testing...

It may be a sensible precaution to turn the vacuum cleaner's motor on and off only when it's a couple of meters away from your box.

Motors of the type used in vacuum cleaners are notoriously noisy electrically- arcing is commonplace within these motors and the amount of garbage that will be induced into your AC mains will be great. I wouldn't want that electrical noise on the same circuit as my PC!

Back