• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec Aeroflow good for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BomberBear

Ok, I am running the stock HSF and im getting 51C cpu and 36C system. Sound is somewhat of a concern with me so i emailed AMD asking what the stock fan specs are and this is what i got back: The currect heatsink/fan is rated at about 5300rpm, 24.4 CFM and 40dbA. Im looking at the Vantec Aeroflow for my system and I am wanting to overclock. The specs are located here and I am wondering if this will be the best performance i can get at 40dba or somewhere around there. If you think I would be better off with a different heatsink and different fan within reasonable price, let me know.
Thanks

kent_b29

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!! , now to your question. The vantec aeroflow looks pretty good and I've heard a few good things from people. It would be a solid choice, much better than the retail heatsink. You might also want to check out the thermalright sk-7 and a fan of your choice around 40 dba.(sunon, panaflo, delta) These are the replacements of the much renowned ax-7 and even has a little better preformance. they are about $30 without the fan and a fan might cost another $10 or so. So check this out too, but the aeroflow looks nice.

hope this helps,
Kent

OP
BomberBear

BomberBear

thanks for the response. I am trying to find a good fan but can't seem to... Can you link me to a good site for fans? Thanks

kent_b29

You're looking to stay around 40 dba right? Here are some from the heatsinkfactory.com that are good.

here's a sunon that's 50 cfm, 40 dba
http://heatsinkfactory.com/cgi-bin/HFAstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=CF-005

Here's a panaflo at 32 dba
http://heatsinkfactory.com/cgi-bin/HFAstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=CF-005

be advised, that with the panaflo you need a panaflo tail, which is a connector, 3 pin to hook to motherboard, or 4 pin for power supply. becuase they just come with bare wires, instead of connectors.

Also check with www.2cooltek.com , www.siderwindercomputers.com , and www.directron.com for other 80mm fans. If you decide to go either route, either aeroflow or sk-7 make sure to get some artic silver 3 thermal paste to apply to the heatsink. If you need anymore help just ask again or private message me.

good luck,
Kent

OP
BomberBear

BomberBear

ok, earlier tonight i went ahead and bout the aeroflow and i already have AS3 from when i had to RMA my pos MB to rev. 2...
Thanks for the help kent.