• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec Aeroflow OR Volcano 11+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Unrealistic

Registered
Well, the title says it all . . can't decide between the 2, it's just between these 2, nothing else

Opinions would be appreciated. I read the reviews but both got pretty good results.

The Volcano has an ub3r Copper Base and TTSF2 Fan, i think. The Vantec has Alu Base with a Copper Circular base for the Proccy Core. Has a gret YS - Tech fan and lower DBA levels.

Suggestions?

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
I have the aeroflow, and it's probably one of the best compromises for noise vs cooling ability.

The center of the aeroflow is hollowed out, with a circular copper core on the bottom (sits on the CPU core), with vertical fins around the outside.

Very easy to mount and dismount.

The only other solution I would recommend is a Thermalright cooler, with an 80mm Panaflow or similar.

This seems like an interesting combination though.. link

-I've never used a volcano, so I'll let someone else comment on those.

Marl65

I just bought a Vantec Aeroflow. It is really quiet, but I the one they sent me is junk. It starts and stops when it wants to, or sometimes it won't start at all. So I am waiting on the rma request now. But like I said be for when it was running it was really quiet.

GravY

I have an Aeroflow, run my 2400+2.0ghz @ 2.4ghz and have an Idle temp in the Mid 30's and Underload low 40's max.. its a great cooler and alot, ALOT quieter than the volcano's!

GravY

Marl65 said:
I just bought a Vantec Aeroflow. It is really quiet, but I the one they sent me is junk. It starts and stops when it wants to, or sometimes it won't start at all. So I am waiting on the rma request now. But like I said be for when it was running it was really quiet.

you didn't tighten the screws around the cap did you? they say if you mess with those you could cause the top to warp alittle out of shape thus throwing off the magnets on the inside..

OCed_5150

I think the Vantec Areoflow is taller than the Volcano 11+. I looked at both of these before I went with the Vantec.

But others may have mentioned already...

Vantec is quieter and fan has more RPM.

Uses less wattage at full RPM. So connecting it to a motherboard fan header won't kill it.

Idle Temp displayed on my Vantec Nexus right now is 40c CPU / 33c Case.

It may be lighter then the Volcano 11+???

Easy to attach to CPU.

www.vantecusa.com or www.thermaltake.com

edited for various spelling errors... I must have been asleep or something. :D

Last edited:

fuzzba11

I'm really happy with my Aeroflow(and so is my roommate), but the Volcano11 definitely looks tasty since it comes with a temp sensor...