• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VapoChill noise level? (Quieter than Air?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richklein

Hi all,

I might be in the market for a Vapo Chill PE soon. I was wondering what the noise level would be like. I remember reading that it was around 35db.

Is this a much quieter solution than normal air cooling (not extreme).

Would this be in the same quiet range as a Dell pc (virtually silent)?

Last but not least, would I be able to get a AMD adapter if I initially bought a P4 setting?

Oh, any issues with the P4 3ghz chips?

Thanks,
Rich

I have had my Vapo standard for about 7 months now. No it is not as quiet as a dell but it is about the same as a standard air cooled system. It sounds like you have a little refridgerator running under yuor desk. It has the hum sound...you know like your fridge. 3 gig is no problem but...condesation & SNDS has been for me. I have lost 3 P4's in the last 7 months from both problems. I am going to give it one more try...if this don't work I am going back to air.

This is with the older vapo models right? Are the new ones having the same problems?

Look at the Prometia thread @ the Extreme Cooling Forum

Prometia is cheaper and has more Power (better oc'ing Results)

Buy a PRO and u will be happier than a child under a christmas tree

MfG

Back