yes i used vasoline for about a month and a half. the thing with vaseline is it flattens out with time like jelly. eventually all of the vasoline flattened out inside my socket holes and created some air and fryed my motherboard. i would recommend going with dielectric grease, and make sure to put a crapload on....so much that it bulges out of the holes.
defenitly go w/ dielectric, but also it would be a good idea to just take off the faceplate of the socket so you can make sure you get the grease in there really well. Its very simple, and is a lot faster and safer than trying to squish the grease in the pin holes