• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore adjustment = not gonna happen?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToastGodSupreme

Registered
Simple question:

I have a Celeron (SL5LX) 900Mhz Core, 100Mhz FSB, Coppermine.

Does this processor allow for a Vcore adjustment or not (talking straight from the box to the computer, no mods to it)?

I can't tell if it's my BIOS or the proc. But no matter what, this ****er is stuck at 1.75 (default). I've tried multiple BIOS versions, and still no go on getting a different voltage to stick.

Is there a trick to this or has ASUS done a ****ty job on my BIOS and it's their fault that I can't adjust the vcore (the option is there, it just doesn't work as far as I'm seeing)?

Thanks guys.

Edit: Mobo is a retail TUA266 that I purchased. Diff BIOS versions have been used, even bitched to ASUS about this (and another problem) at one point.

Last edited:
Welcome........It's not the CPU, i'm running mine at 1.8
CV. It must be your mobo, bios. I don't know the Asus
mobo, but look for "user define" in bios. Set to enable
and see if you can increase CV.

I would agree with pappypete...if the options are there, you should be able to go up...it's not the chip. The wire trick only gives you more options in the BIOS, and raises the default vcore to whatever you wired it at...but you should still have control over changing that in the BIOS...

Could it change to a 0.05 difference? Because when I had problems changing the vcore my PSU was bummed out.

ToastGodSupreme said:
Simple question:

I have a Celeron (SL5LX) 900Mhz Core, 100Mhz FSB, Coppermine.

Does this processor allow for a Vcore adjustment or not (talking straight from the box to the computer, no mods to it)?

I can't tell if it's my BIOS or the proc. But no matter what, this ****er is stuck at 1.75 (default). I've tried multiple BIOS versions, and still no go on getting a different voltage to stick.

Is there a trick to this or has ASUS done a ****ty job on my BIOS and it's their fault that I can't adjust the vcore (the option is there, it just doesn't work as far as I'm seeing)?

Thanks guys.
which mobo do tou have???

Another thought...if you have "speed error" option, you
need to disable it. Also as "menk" asked, what Asus
board do you have? If it's an Asus in a OEM puter, like
a Dell or Gateway, your SOL! OEM 's are not friendly to
our o/c addiction. Hope this helps and good luck.

Okay, main post has been edited.

But the option to change vcore IS there, and I've taken it all the way to 2v but for some reason, it doesn't want to apply the voltage. It's always at 1.75v.

Alright, thanks for your input. I wasn't sure if I needed to do a mod or if it was the BIOS itself. So now it's time to email ASUS again. :)

Thanks guys. :)

Back