• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore is much higher than bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RideZiLightning

Registered
Asus M2A-VM mobo
AII 240

Auto vcore puts it at 1.4v

Set it to 1.275 and its 3.125

1.300 puts it at 1.36

Did this with my 5800+ as well

Verified with asus probe, core temp and cpuz

Bad board?

Thanks yo

Bobnova

You might try a newer bios, their tables for PWM frequency/voltage may be out in left field on that one.
As long as a given setting in the bios always has the same result you can work around it just fine.

OP
R

RideZiLightning

Registered
Just flashed it to the newest one last week

As long as the reading is just off, no big deal, I'm just a bit worried it's actually giving way more lol

Other problem I can't get my head around is that I have to lower my ram frequency from 800 to 400 to even hit 3.5ghz. Can't change the timing on this board either

No amount of voltage to the cpu, nb or ram makes a difference

Blehhh

QuietIce

Disabled
I doubt if it's the reading that's off. Chances are it's actually giving it the vCore you're reading. Some boards are designed to do that to overcome other short-comings. I take it those are idle vCore readings you've given. What vCore are you reading at Prime95/OCCT load and how much is it fluctuating under load ...?

QuietIce

Disabled
That's not bad at all as long as it's ±0.02 while running as well. Almost all boards have a little variance while under load (there are rare exceptions).

I'd go by whatever CPU-Z is reading for the final vCore and really, as long as you're not over 1.45v, the actual vCore doesn't matter. What matters is the CPU temp and system stability ...

Bobnova

Check the bios hardware monitor page, cpuz screws up on some boards, on the m4a78t-e i work with sometimes it reads correctly up to 1.3vcore, but above that it wraps around and displays 1.1 for 1.4, 1.2 for 1.5, and so on.