• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vdd voltage mod - danger?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I didn't read the article about the mod, but if it involves soldering, the worst case is that you fry your mobo.

-=TriX-R4-KidS= said:
yes it involves soldering.

is there any other way to pump more volts into the vdimm w/ out a soldering mod??? maybe a hacked bios?

[sorry im new to this advanced stuff]

-TriX

there isnt any known bios hack that i know of that will increase the memory or vdd voltage

if your not carefull then you can fry your motherboard. i seen it happen many times

Jen

there's a less professional way. you take a pencil and draw around one of the resistors, tricking it into thinking it needs to supply more voltage... the site i listed. there's directions there for that as well.

nitewulf said:
there's a less professional way. you take a pencil and draw around one of the resistors, tricking it into thinking it needs to supply more voltage... the site i listed. there's directions there for that as well.

youll also have to do a vdimm mod if you want to be running a high FSB in sync w/ the RAM if your RAM isnt fast enough : (

i need a soldering for dummies book ;)

Back