• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vengeance RGB Pro 3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bignazpwns

So i picked up 2 kits of this one sale pretty cheap. Would like faster but is what it is. And here are my results so far. Still messing with some timings and other stuff with the system.

All 4 sticks @ 3,364Mhz 16-17-17-39-60 1T 1.4v Stable as can be. Ryzen 7 1700X 4.163.9mhz 1.4v 101 bclk 41.25 multi soc @ 1.05v

Did a quick test @ 3,700Mhz with 22 sticks and it was stable. Cant remember what the timings were. I'll check that when i get some time and pull 2 sticks out.

Like i said i still gotta tweak everything i'll post some results but its anyone was looking at this ram and wanted some info on how it runs on Ryzen with 4 dimms here you go. Nothing to write home about but its not that bad. I got some other kits that are better but figured i would try this since since the price was right.

Few Notes

Box says works with RGB Fusion and MSI's Mystic light. However I cant get RGB fusion to work with them. Maybe because i have the icue software installed. Regardless i dont care.

icue software is great. Lots of options for the RGB. shows temps and all that.

RGB lighting on these is the best i have seen so far. Very nice. However the diffuses do a great job but you can make out the LED's. Looks great but look hard enough you see it. I'll pull them apart add a little scotch tape to the bottom of them to help fix that. Should be an easy but still looks great.

In terms of how strong my imc is in this cpu i have no idea. I know the cpu is good 4.28ghz +. But i dont know if the kit i tested that hit 3700 is normal for this combo or if that's an amazing kit. Only tested one kit have no idea what the other two sticks top out at because i just put those in without testing them.

System

Ryzen 7 1700X
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Bios F6e
2 X CMW16GXM2C3000C15 Hyinx die, Rev is 5. something i'll update when i take the 2 sticks out.
Custom Loop
Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti
EVGA Super Nova 1000w

Not impressed with the ram speed. But not disappointed. Love the RGB and how clean it looks when running. I'll post up the final timings when i get them along with some info on running just 2 for those interested.

Last edited:
it looks like your mb/cpu are liking those modules. nice job of ocing with them especially if your able to get them stable at 3700. i agree the rgb on them looks the best of all the rgb modules. i ran a set of the vengeance rgb 3200 c14 until i settled on the hyperx im running currently. the hyperx look very nice but the corsair modules are a step above everything else imo.

it looks like your mb/cpu are liking those modules. nice job of ocing with them especially if your able to get them stable at 3700. i agree the rgb on them looks the best of all the rgb modules. i ran a set of the vengeance rgb 3200 c14 until i settled on the hyperx im running currently. the hyperx look very nice but the corsair modules are a step above everything else imo.

Yeah im going to make a guide on how to fix those small hot spots in the leds on them. Its not bad but after you see them you always see them lol.

But this X470 Gaming 7 is great. Had some old Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666 hit 3285 1.4v 17-18-18-38 1T. Mobo drives the cpu and ram harder then the Strix x470 i had

hmm i never noticed them?
thats a sweet mb, definitely a keeper. very nice oc on the ballistix! do you know what ics the ballistix are running by chance? no matter, thats a very nice oc! 600+mhz for free :attn:

Micron A if i remember right.

Best of all that 8gb kit was only $42 back in the day

Back