• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vertical banding on Asus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tannor

Registered
So I recently purchased a new Asus LCD backlight Led 25 inch monitor VE258Q about 3 weeks ago.

Looks awesome right out of the box, no dead pixels.

Just yesterday I noticed what I think might be called vertical banding lines towards the left of the middle of the screen. Basically it looks like the pixels are a lot brighter in these two parts.

It is only noticeable on solid dark grey backgrounds, just like the background of this site. I am not sure if it was there all along and I just happened to notice it.

Is this called vertical banding? Is this something that happens a lot in LCD technology?

I am still trying to decide if it worth RMA, because only noticeable when it is really grey and solid for most part. Maybe this is a common trait of this ASUS monitor so no point in RMA . Most people probably would never notice it but my eyes always seem to find that stuff and once you see it always see it..LOL

It actually looks better if i go to the side, but for most part when looking straight at it, I noticed a lot more.

If it wasn't in the middle so much probably would never have seen it.

On a scale of 1 - 10, where 10 is horrible, I would say it a 2-3

I was just curious what it was and normal on most LED / LCD Displays

Last edited:
Back