• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very happy with my i5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robble

Was easy to do with reasonable voltage.
Temps:
ambient room: 31-33
idle 39-40
full load (prime 95): 69-70

I knew I was cpu limited with the last couple video cards I had but I didn't realize by how much. My framerates basically doubled in Borderlands.

I haven't tried to go higher and I don't feel the need to try. This thing is blazing fast compared to my old opty 165 @ 2.7 I doubt I'd notice a difference even if I went to 4.4ghz

:( Is this Prime95 stable?

My one needs 1.376v and LLC to stay stable

I only ran prime 95 a couple hours (blend) and played a couple hours of borderlands with no problems.

I'm not so anal that I need to run prime 24 hours to be happy. If I can have a marathon gaming session without a crash then I consider it stable enough.

I never run my computer at full load for 24 hours so I don't feel the need to test it to that standard. The toughest thing I normally do to it is gaming so that is my main test.

Hah, fair enough :D

Those Idle Temps seem a little high though, though with a 33*C ambient, I don't think you can do better :p I max out at 65*C load tho.

Back