• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very strange heating issues please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tovas

Having a strange heating problem. To make a log story short.

I log into fileplanet download a few items go to bed. Wake up Processer is at 69c

That night after work. Thinking it cold be a fluke.

Decide to play a old dos based game: Ultima 4. Processer hits 64c

load up prime 95 processer never hits above 54c

load up far cry demo processer again never hits above 54c

load up a file sharing program *sorry have to be honest* processer climbs above 66c. I shut the program down with out seeing how high it will take the system temp

has anyone seen anything like this or have any idea's?

MB Intel D865DBF
CPU Intel 3.0C
512 megs of kingston ram *nothing fancy*
Radeon 9800pro

system is not overclocked and ive ran this config for about 9 months and this started tuesday night

If you need any more information say the word ill post anything I can.

Bios24

Sounds like you just need a spring cleaning. Just take off the side and blow out all the dust, and around all the fans. Also take off the heatsink and blow all the dust out then reseat it with a good TIM.

May also be a fan problem. If your cpu fan is failing it may spin up/down, do you have a way to monitor the rpms?

OP
T

Tovas

case interior is spotless no dust, i like a clean case. fan pretty much spins contantly at 3200 rpm