• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via 1300 leaks, is this a good replacment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No!! I had a Danner 700 and it leaked like hell! Do yourself a favor, and spend the little extra for an Eheim. If you are planning to run it submerged, then it'll probably be fine. My Eheim doesn't get as hot as the Danner did either.

Just my experience.

-Rav

I love my Via 1300, I did have to stick some goop to it sence it leaked around the impelor housing. works great now, running it inline and theres just a faint vibration.

Ive already been trying that for the last few days, it just wont seal.---and the goop im using (seal-all) works extremely well.

wuzzapiman said:
Ive already been trying that for the last few days, it just wont seal.---and the goop im using (seal-all) works extremely well.
LOL!!! :D "...works extremely well." , then the leak should fixed by now...
Some good Japanese Haiku you got there.

LOL! :) Just as "Microsoft Works"

If offended, SORRY!!, I'm just in that mood today. :D

The DAnner pumps are great. They just need to be sealed up around the impeller with a liquid seal (RC silicone- the blue stuff), and make sure to put a metal hoseclamp on the intake of the pump because those tend to crack. here's a good guide

But once you take these precautions your set. They are very powerful pumps, so I wouldn't recommend getting anything over the 500 GPH (model 5). MY favorite is the model 2 (250PH). It stays cool at room temp and has great flow.
And these pumps are definetly the most heavy duty of mag-drivers that I have seen. (its solid as a brick)

I sealed up my Danner 700 w/ rtv silicone before I ever even used it, no leaks. I wouldn't suggest a danner model this High though, get a model 2 or 3

honestly, if you don't like the via, I would go with a maxi900 or a maxi1200. They're both under $20, easily modded to run inline, and produce little heat. And they're tiny.

Danner model 2 is a sweet pump. Plenty of flow and not too much heat added to the water. I've ran mine submerged and in-line now and both work fine. I used the same instructions on Procooling to seal my pump.

Get a danner "utility pump" not the pond master though. The utility as 1/2" threaded inlet and outlets. The pond uses a 3/4" threaded intlet.

you can also you PVC pipe glue, but after you do this dont plan on taking the housing off anytime in the next 50 years. Come to think of it I think I used boat silicone thats made to be under water 100% of the time.

ok thanx im getting the danner model 2 tonight--can i fit 3/8 clearflex over 1/2 barbs?

Warlord2 said:
I love my Via 1300, I did have to stick some goop to it sence it leaked around the impelor housing. works great now, running it inline and theres just a faint vibration.

same thign with me a little silicon and all fixed :)

wuzzapiman said:
ok thanx im getting the danner model 2 tonight--can i fit 3/8 clearflex over 1/2 barbs?

im almost 100% sure you can fit it over, i use 1/2 clearflex on my heatercore that as 5/8OD copper pipe, just streach it over..

Back