• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via C3 on what s-370 boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arhines

Trying to figure out if i can use my via c3 on a slocket, or on just any old s-370 board. Via's website offers a list of 'compatible' motherboards, but when i check the manufacturer page for most, they don't include the c3 in 'supported' processors. So, the c3 IS pin compatible with p3/celeron cpus, but the question is - will it work with any old fcpga board? I'd like to try one in my vp6 (single cpu, of course). Otherwise I'll have to buy a new board :/

I would imagine that if it is physically compaitble and the board support the speeds required then it shouldn't be too much different from a celly/p3.

Hmm. Well, now I have a vp6, which Kyle (ocp) sent me. Wondering if the c3 will work in it or not...
Also, is there any chance that it wont autorecognize the voltage of the cpu, and try to give it 1.75 or something (it wants 1.35).

I realize a c3 will never work in dually mode with a vp6, but there are quite a few via 694x / 686b chipset boards on vias 'c3 compatible' list (although they aren't dually boards).

Hmmm.

Back