• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ViaHM or MBM5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've used both and they both give me the same reading. I like that MBM5 will display your temp right in the taskbar- so you can see your temp right there! Plus it has the auto-shutdown feature

outhouse (Jul 18, 2001 09:32 p.m.):
Theres also Sisandra anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks, I forgot about SiSandra.
I would think it would be a little more accurate.
What is your opinion?

I personally like the MBM5 over VIAHM, simply because MBM5 has all the options that you want now, may want in the future, and may never want (those are easy enough to disable). Plus I love that cool display.

As far as relative accuracy is concerned...I always check ViaHWM on my boxes before MBM and I usually have to adjust the MBM temps initially cause they always seem too high or low compared to the Via temps. But as mentioned above, MBM has a lot of nice additional features that make it a worthwhile progie....IMHO

OnDborder (Jul 18, 2001 11:41 p.m.):
outhouse (Jul 18, 2001 09:32 p.m.):
Theres also Sisandra anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks, I forgot about SiSandra.
I would think it would be a little more accurate.
What is your opinion?

Ive never ran with MBM but as far as VIAHM vs Sisandra if you use VIAHM then you must make sure that the thermistor under CPU is actualy touching the CPU but not interfearing with the CPU sitting all the way down in the socket, this is the only way to get it to be more accurate as far as Sisandra it shows my CPU temps to be 4C hotter which is about where they are at as my thermistor is not touching the CPU but soon it will be.

Back