• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vice City.. help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

q149

Ok, some how my Vice City Play CD is already screwed lol. I just got a new mobo and reformated and now I can't even install it again and i tried 4 cd drives and cleaning it with spit and with toothpaiste. I coppied all the files off the play disk into a folder to make like the cd on my drive. Anyway the only file that is messed up and where the installation stops is DirtRing.mp3. If anyone could hook me up with this file or maybe give me another cd fixing tip i would be very grateful.
thx

OP
q149

q149

I don't see how that would work, i can't even copy the file on to my hdd. What i plan on doing is basically the same thing as a virtual cd i think. When the installation gets to the disk 2 part i can just point it to the folder that contains everything from the play disk.

OP
q149

q149

Well, i tried all of them programs and none worked. I'm installing daemon tools to try now.

Lazlo Panaflex

q149 said:
I don't see how that would work, i can't even copy the file on to my hdd. What i plan on doing is basically the same thing as a virtual cd i think. When the installation gets to the disk 2 part i can just point it to the folder that contains everything from the play disk.

"I dont see how that would work" Eigther do i but it did for me so it was just a suggestion....,

OP
q149

q149

What exactly did you do? I downloaded daemon tools but i can't figure it out if this even does it.

OP
q149

q149

Ok, i made a iso out of the cd which took at least an hour then tried using that. It still reported an error with DirtRing.mp3. The only thing i can do now is get this file.... if someone could hook me up i would really appreciate it.

OP
q149

q149

Many thanks to ThePerfectCore for sending me this file :)
It turns out i had another un-readable file on the disk! It is the really big WildStyle radio station one. Luckily i was able to copy another radio station and rename it then put it in.. it reported an error with the file but it let me ignore this one and still install insted of quit installing.
thx