• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vice City : How To Do Stupid Wheelie???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

no matter how much i try and how long the wheelie is, it is not awarded any points (ya know when you perform a stop you get points and lil cash and its noted in your stats) so how to do a wheelie which is noted in your stats as well as you get cash and points for it????

at the docks i managed to go from the park side till the place where cars are parked but got no points isn't that long enough??? :(

so how do you people do the wheelie?

GT2000

I'm not sure if it even works, I've done a 5 sec wheelie that if I remember correctly, awarded me ~$500, however it never appeared in my stats.

OP
baqai

baqai

ohh atleast you were awarded maybe there is some bug that's why it's not coming in stats, anyone else facing the same problem (well not much of a problem but annoying hehe)

john240sx

the wheelies are easy to do but to get points it's has to be a perfect wheelie. you can't scrape the back of the bike on the ground during the wheelie or the game will start counting feet all over again.

john240sx

baqai said:
BTW bikes are my favourite ride till now in the game :)

just wait until i start modding vice city..... the bike's are going to be my first attempt..... the front wheel will hardly ever be on the ground when i'm done with them :p

(and the burnouts will last as long as you want WITHOUT holding the brake :D)

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Seems odd I have rode a wheelie form the beging of Ocean Beach to about he midle of it and never got a point for it. I have also been doing a wheelie and brought it up on the front wheel and held it there for about 3 seconds and nothing. HOwever I did get my points for riding the voodoo on two wheels.

john240sx

baqai said:
oo oo oo okay i am already drooling here :D so when are you going to release your mods? :)

all i'm doing is editing the handling.cfg file (path: Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\data), it tells you in at the top what number is what.

i just messed with the PCG-600, i had to take it to the airport just to be able to get the tire to stop spinning. i did a wheelie for the entire length of the shorter air strip.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Been tring to mess with the data so I can make my voodoo a drop top with dual pipes. However it confuses the heck out of me. I tried the caredit 1.1 and 1.2 and neither worked.

OP
baqai

baqai

i don't know about the controls of keyboard since i use joypad and i accelerate and press the down button to do wheelie and in order to do stop i press hand brake and forward together

filip04

wheelies are the easiest thing to do... the best way to count a wheelie is to pull up the front tire, and hold it like that, while playing with your accelerator to keep your balance. my friend pulled off a 17 second wheelie with over 1000 feet...

for stoppies, you lean forward, and use the handbrake - best done on grass since its the least friction, so you could get the longest ones

_slh_

try doing stoppies on the faggio...its front wheel drive, so if you get a long enough strip of road, you can go for ages. I managed to go the entire length of the longest runway in the airport on the front wheel